Monday 20 February 2017

My trip to Western Youth Camp by Joel

On Jan 13th I went to Western Youth (WY) Camp 2017 with my youth group. First of all we went into a Pakuranga College van to get there. The van looked like our school van the big one. It took us about 2 hours to get there. It was very hot in the van. When we got there we went into our cabin. The cabin was like a bunk room. The cabin had bunk beds in it. Then I went into the dining room and I played a card game with my friends. After that, we had dinner in the dining room. A moment later we all lined up to get our tags. The tags are so that people get to know our names better. Shortly we went into the hall and did our first relay. Meanwhile, we got into 4 teams. There were red, blue, green and orange teams. I was in the red team. Later on, we had a little dance in the hall. We danced to happy and some other songs. After a while, we went back in the dining room and had supper. Then we went back to our cabin and went to bed. The next day we got up and had our breakfast. Shortly after we went back into the hall and did so more team challenges. The red team was in the pool doing basketball. So we first did basketball in the pool but the green team won the game. And then we went back in the dining and had lunch. After that, we went into some workshops and talked about stuff in there. Then there was free time. I went in on the water side and I went down like 10 times. The water side was like half of the side you word find at the pools. There was a pool at the end of the side and it had frogs in it. Next, I went in a pond they had there. Then the next day we did some more team challenges. The red term was on the slip side challenge. We did the slip side challenge but we had to kick the ball before we went down and we did the stuff like we did the other day like free time. Then on Monday, we packed up and we went home. I had a really awesome time at camp this year and this was my very first time at camp!!



             

No comments :

Post a Comment